The ME Group is a provider of Litigation Funding and LegalTech, which supports consumers facing complex legal problems.
Using our proprietary technology, we enable fast and efficient dispute resolution that is revolutionising the legal services market for the benefit of all stakeholders.
The ME Group has rapidly grown from its inception in 2017 to become a market leader in its sector championing access to justice for consumers.
Our mission is to champion access to justice through litigation funding and LegalTech.
For more information visit: www.megroupholdings.co.uk
- The role is required to work at a pace, in a fast-changing business environment, but in accordance with agreed Group processes.
- To ensure all areas of both regulatory and company compliance are carried out across the ME group.
- Assist the General Counsel and Data Protection Officer in the ongoing development and delivery of the compliance management framework, including data protection.
- Undertake the role of SIRO to act as the key interface between GCO and first line business units in respect of compliance monitoring, breaches, data protection and advice.
- Support the General Counsel and Data Protection Officer, as required, to deliver a robust compliance management framework for the ME Group.
- Develop the annual compliance plan and take lead responsibility for its delivery.
- Work with first line business units to undertake compliance monitoring activity, providing feedback and advice as required.
- Liaise with business owners to address current and emerging compliance and regulatory risks and ensure they are kept under review, updated and reported on.
- Ensure ME group complies with company, legal and regulatory standards, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Provide 2nd line oversight to business units in respect of incident management, ensuring root cause analysis and remedial action is undertaken in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Collate and co-ordinate the presentation of key compliance metrics and other submissions for Group Risk Committee and Board reports.
- Support and deliver compliance and regulatory training to business colleagues where required.
- Working closely with other teams, including Risk, HR and Finance on the development of relevant policies.
- Attend internal compliance meetings and manage external regulatory visits.
- Comply with Data Protection/Confidentiality guidelines and implement robust document and process security approaches to ensure the confidentiality and security of ME group documentation and information.
- Oversee a compliance culture across the ME group.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent compliance knowledge and experience.
- Prior experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of the SRA Standard and Regulations would be beneficial, as although the ME group is not regulated by the SRA, it works with law firms that are SRA regulated.
- Trusted to deal with complex, sensitive and significant matters across a group structure.
- A track record of providing excellent customer service, defining best practice and being passionate about making sure a compliance culture is embedded throughout the business.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to interpret and communicate complex legislation and regulations.
- Able to impart knowledge to other staff in a simple and clear way.
- Able to provide effective, open and honest feedback.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, to identify issues and provide workable solutions.
- Flexible and able to support colleagues on related issues, including data privacy, risk and corporate governance.
- Confidence to thrive under pressure and adaptable to changing priorities.
- IT literate with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to pick up new systems
- Starting from 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Buy Scheme run annually
- Generous Company Pension Scheme 7% employer contribution
- Company funded cash health plan worth over £1000
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
ME Group Values and Diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership
Employment with the ME Group is subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.