The ME Group facilitates resolution for consumers facing complex legal problems. Through our rapidly growing provision of litigation funding, and using our proprietary technology, we enable fast and efficient dispute resolution that is revolutionising the legal services market for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Located in Cheshire’s prestigious Cheadle Royal Business Park, the ME Group has grown from its inception in 2017 to become a market leader in its sector championing access to justice for consumers.
Our mission is to champion access to justice through litigation funding and LegalTech.
ME Funding is a new funder within the group who will help to facilitate further expansion of the business and it’s revenue by obtaining funding into the organisation and lending out to multiple law firms, and multiple claim types. It will also generate additional revenue through provision of outsourcing services.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations with previous experience at a senior level ideally in a B2B financial services environment leading a successful operations team. The role invites a professional who wants to positively impact customers, colleagues and the success of the business by leading the operations function. You will independently lead on the management of key projects, driving change forward and influencing senior leaders and will report directly to the Legal and Operations Director.
The Head of Operations is expected to create value by contributing to the setting of strategies, implementation and potential digitisation of business measures to improve processes and strengthen the client journey which should be seamless. You will play a vital role in taking ownership to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the business run smoothly, as well as in compliance with any associated regulations. The team manages the entire funding process from receipt of client pack, processing of disbursements right through to the settlement of the claim.
- Lead the Operations part of the ME Funding Organisation
- Manage a team of credit, operations and portfolio insight resource
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Support Senior Management in obtaining funding
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Present papers to the Credit Committees as required
- Exercise independence of judgement and autonomy
- Credit Committee Reporting Pack Development & Production
- Oversight and reporting of Portfolio Monitoring – including credit risk monitoring and analysis carried out by teams members reporting into the Head of Operations
- Monthly reporting on facility covenants, operating conditions and KPIs
- Weekly reporting to the Legal and Operations Director
- Develop effective and efficient operational processes.
- Support the build of MI platform to support credit and operational decisioning processes – including database design, development, delivery and automation
- Qualitative & Quantitative Testing of Decision/Decision Support Engines
- In the medium-term recruit, grow, develop, coach and performance manage small operations and credit teams.
- Process kaizen
- Responsible for decisioning rules within LegalTech (MEGH being responsible for the operational infrastructure) balancing speed with claims volumes, quantum and complexity
- Ensure the quality of the claim asset on the portfolio
- Obtain and demonstrate ‘grip’ on claims movements through process and cashflow relating thereto
- Conduct Operational risk reviews of key business functions to ensure that a robust operational control framework is in place to appropriately manage operational risks
- Oversight of all outsourced functions to include front end software, back end loan management, debt collections, IT, facilities and premises.
- Management of the operations budget.
- Ensure quality measures and SLAs met by all operational and outsourced functions.
- Implementation and delivery of key operational KPIs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience developing operational strategies, platforms and policies in a technology-led environment
- Excellent management and training skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong communication skills including relationship management skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated able to learn quickly and work independently
- Hardworking individual with ability to prioritise and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision
- Strong leadership and proactive performance management skills.
- Existing experience in B2B sales in high volume consumer financial services.
- Starting from 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Buy Scheme run annually
- Generous Company Pension Scheme 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
ME Group Values and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.
Employment with the ME Group is subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.