The ME Group facilitates resolution for consumers facing complex legal problems. Through our rapidly growing provision of litigation funding, and using our proprietary technology, we enable fast and efficient dispute resolution that is revolutionising the legal services market for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Located in Cheshire’s prestigious Cheadle Royal Business Park, the ME Group has grown from its inception in 2017 to become a market leader in its sector championing access to justice for consumers.
Our mission is to improve the quality, and reduce the cost, of dispute resolution for all parties through the use of LegalTech.
To provide creative contribution to the board by providing independent oversight and constructive challenge to the Executive Team. To chair the Credit Risk Committee, represent the firm at Board/GRC meetings as well as any other internal/external events at the request of the Group Chairman.
- Ex Director of a leading consumer brand
- Expert in credit risk and fraud strategies and Operational Risk Frameworks
- Experience as a member of a Credit Risk Committee meetings and main Board Director
- Experience of review and audit of funding processes and procedures
- Experience of building and managing relationships with a variety of funders and counterparties.
- Sound understanding of governance, legal frameworks and the responsibilities and liabilities of Directors.
- Be able to openly and constructively challenge the Board and management team on anything that impacts the credit and risk strategy of the Group.
- Ensure the integrity of financial information and ensure that the financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- To be independent and impartial
- Use their network to assist with the achievement of the Board’s objectives where appropriate.
- Provide creative and informed contribution and act as a constructive critic in looking at the objectives and plans devised by the Executive Team.
- Monitor the performance of the Executive Team.
- Ensure appropriate succession plans are in place for the Executive Team.
- Hold the Board to account
- Make recommendations for policy changes and or business practices.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong Financial Services background
- Strong Leadership skills
- Must be a respected and experienced Non-Executive Director (i.e. Portfolio NED)
- Must have strong principles, integrity and high ethical standards.
- To be an ambassador for the Group
- Demonstrate and show Leadership and be a strategic thinker
- Help to achieve business development and organic growth
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of having represented the interests of vulnerable consumers
- Preferably experience of risk assessing products / services for customer outcomes
- Preferably experience of best practice in customer experience (CX)