The ME Group facilitates resolution for consumers facing complex legal problems. Through our rapidly growing provision of litigation funding, and using our proprietary technology, we enable fast and efficient dispute resolution that is revolutionising the legal services market for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Located in Cheshire’s prestigious Cheadle Royal Business Park, the ME Group has grown from its inception in 2017 to become a market leader in its sector championing access to justice for consumers.
Our mission is to improve the quality, and reduce the cost, of dispute resolution for all parties through the use of LegalTech.
To provide creative contribution to the board by providing independent oversight and constructive challenge to the Executive Team, to attend Group Risk Committee as well as represent the firm at other internal/external events at the request of the Group Chairman.
- Must be an experienced and credible Non-Executive Director (Essential)
- Previous experience as a qualified solicitor with experience in the pecuniary Insurance sector (Essential)
- Experienced within the ATE insurance market, overseeing contracts, costs and terms & conditions (Preferable).
- Must be able to be a market leader in order to pitch to new providers.
- Strong understanding of governance, legal and regulatory frameworks, responsibilities and liabilities of directors
- Be able to openly and constructively challenge the board and management team on anything that impacts or could impact our customers, explicitly including any communications or changes to our customer journey or proposition.
- Ensure the integrity of financial information and ensure that the financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- To be independent and impartial
- Use their network to assist with the achievement of the Board’s objectives where appropriate.
- Provide creative and informed contribution and act as a constructive critic in looking at the objectives and plans devised by the Executive Team.
- Monitor the performance of the Executive Team.
- Ensure appropriate succession plans are in place for the Executive Team.
- Hold the Board to account
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a respected and experienced Non-Executive Director (i.e., Portfolio NED)
- Previous experience as a qualified solicitor or in the ATE insurance market.
- Must have strong principles, integrity and high ethical standards.
- To be an ambassador for the Group.
- Demonstrate and show Leadership and be a strategic thinker.
- Help to achieve business development and organic growth.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Preferably experience of risk assessing products/services for customer outcomes.
- Preferably experience of best practice in customer experience (CX).