The ME Group facilitates resolution for consumers facing complex legal problems. Through our rapidly growing provision of litigation funding, and using our proprietary technology, we enable fast and efficient dispute resolution that is revolutionising the legal services market for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Located in Cheshire’s prestigious Cheadle Royal Business Park, the ME Group has grown from its inception in 2017 to become a market leader in its sector championing access to justice for consumers.
Our mission is to champion access to justice through litigation funding and LegalTech.
ME Funding is a new funder within the group who will help to facilitate further expansion of the business and it’s revenue by obtaining funding into the organisation and lending out to multiple law firms, and multiple claim types. It will also generate additional revenue through provision of outsourcing services.
We’re looking for an experienced credit professional who wants to positively impact customers, colleagues and the success of the business by leading the credit underwriting function. You will be responsible for liaising with law firms who request a litigation funding facility in their progression of claims on behalf of their clients, largely in relation to financial mis-selling.
The Senior Underwriter is expected to carry out robust due diligence on law firms to assess if they are eligible for a credit facility and carry out on-going reviews of the law firms at regular intervals throughout the year, assessing their credit facility and to ensure they remain financially sound.
- Lead the Credit part of the ME Funding Organisation
- Manage a junior underwriter
- Support Senior Management in obtaining funding
- Present papers to Credit Committees, as required
- Exercise independence of judgement and autonomy
- Credit Committee Reporting Pack Development & Production
- Credit risk monitoring and analysis
- Monthly reporting on facility covenants and operating conditions
- Weekly reporting to Head of Operations
- Support credit decisioning processes
- Support in credit policy development and review
- Qualitative & Quantitative Testing of Decision/Decision Support Engines
- Calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
- Conduct credit risk reviews of law firms
- Ensure facility agreement compliance
- Undertake credit analysis and reporting across lending units
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience developing credit risk frameworks and policies in a technology-led environment
- Excellent management and training skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong communication skills including relationship management skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated able to learn quickly and work independently
- Hardworking individual with ability to prioritise and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Starting from 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Buy Scheme run annually
- Generous Company Pension Scheme 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
ME Group Values and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.
Employment with the ME Group is subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.